Mondelliani is also expertise and extreme care in satisfying the visual needs of those who come to us. Using cutting-edge measurement tools and collaborating only with the excellence of the world of vision, we work to improve people's lives through greater visual comfort.
Discover all our services
Our Mondelliani Tips to answer your most frequently asked questions
The anti-reflection lenses capture reflections from all angles, helping to protect your eyes from UV rays and improving your clarity of vision.
- Superior Aesthetics.
- Greater transparency for better eye visibility from all angles.
- PUREST VISION thanks to the reduction of reflections from any angle on one or both surfaces of the lens.
- Very high UV protection.
- Scratch protection.
- The lenses repel dust particles for clear vision and easy cleaning.
- They can get dirty more easily: this is why the QUALITY of the anti-reflection coating is very important. The best anti-reflection coatings, the ones we use at Mondelliani, are in fact also equipped with "anti-dirt" and anti-dust characteristics.
- They are sensitive to thermal changes: this is why all lenses with anti-reflective lenses must be treated with greater attention and, in any case, the best ones have guarantees on treatments of at least 2 years.
At Mondelliani we only choose quality lenses and over the years we have become partners of world excellencies such as Essilor, Hoya and Seiko.
Multifocal lenses are an excellent solution for those who use a tablet or laptop, while for those who work on a desktop, at face height and at a distance of 70 cm, it may be less optimal.
- Quality of vision at any distance, using only one pair of glasses.
- Excellent for example while driving and for carrying out different activities during the day, often at the same time, experimenting with different viewing distances.
- With the anti-reflective coating and transitions technology lenses, the eyes will be protected from UV rays and harmful blue light, both indoors and outdoors.
- In order to see the screen properly in focus at 70cm you have to lift your head too high, creating discomfort in the back of the neck. It is therefore advisable to use office lenses as an alternative to multifocal spectacles. Office lenses, also known as dynamic lenses, cannot replace multifocal lenses, but they will be a good support for prolonged work in front of the PC.
Every time we blink, the tear film is distributed evenly to allow us to have well hydrated eyes. But certain factors can alter this process, and cause dry eyes and redness.
- ELECTRONIC DEVICES: when we are in front of the PC or smartphone, we tend to blink less and the tear evaporates much more easily. The brightness also forces us to make more visual effort.
- AIR QUALITY: both indoors and outdoors, the air that is too hot or too cold (perhaps windy), can cause tear evaporation and insufficient tearing
- ABUSE OF CONTACT LENSES: excessive use or unsuitable lens material
- DRUGS AND HORMONAL CAUSES: antihistamines, immunosuppressants, antacids, etc., can alter the composition of the tear film. Same goes for those in menopause, andropause, pregnancy, etc.
HOW TO CONTRAST IT?
At Mondelliani, we first of all recommend an in-depth eye and/or contact lens examination to determine the cause. For daily life, we recommend a few precautions:
- When using electronic devices, take breaks by looking away from the screen by blinking repeatedly for a few seconds and keep the brightness low.
- In rooms with air conditioning, avoid temperatures that are too hot or too cold. Outdoors, use sunglasses (when possible) to reduce direct contact with gusts of wind, dust and strong ambient light.
- For contact lens wearers, use a tear substitute as needed to moisten the eye and lenses. Do not exceed the wearing hours recommended by your optician/contact lens specialist.
- If you are on medication or have hormonal fluctuations, tell your doctor about any eye discomfort you are experiencing.
Wearing contact lenses, even the most advanced ones, in addition to the comfort of good vision and freedom of movement (for sports enthusiasts, for example), alters the natural condition of the naked eye.
ERRORS AND DISORDERS CAUSED BY EXCESSIVE USE OF CONTACT LENSES
The latest generation lenses are designed to be extremely comfortable and gradually release humectants, which help keep the eyes hydrated.
However, this may not be enough.
* The main mistakes we all make are:
- wearing lenses for too long and/or sleeping with them on
- not using tear substitutes
- wearing lenses during periods of seasonal allergies
- poor hygiene in lens care
* Among the most common problems we can find:
- feeling of sand in the eyes
- altered tearing
- and other unpleasant sensations that can be easily avoided.
At Mondelliani, we always suggest using contact lenses, but in moderation! The simplest solution is to alternate lenses with good prescription glasses. In this way the hours of wearing lenses are reduced, the most common discomforts are considerably reduced, allowing our eyes to breathe independently again. As a result, the natural processes of lubrication, nourishment and cleansing that our bodies activate to keep our eyes healthy, giving us maximum visual comfort, are restored and maintained when wearing contact lenses.
The idea of being able to wear comfortable, designer spectacles with the same or better quality of vision as lenses, and feel comfortable in everyday life, is definitely a plus for choosing to protect the health of your eyes.
Presbyopia is a physiological condition that arises in all of us, the important thing is to know how to manage it well from the beginning to prevent it from progressing incorrectly and faster than expected. If you are around 40-45 years old and you find yourself seeing less well up close, therefore thinking of setting the XL characters on your smartphone, don't worry it's all normal, you are just starting to get farsighted.
The glasses you find ready-made for reading start at +1.00, which is often too strong for those who need their first pair of glasses, whereas +0.75 or even +0.50 might be sufficient. Our advice is to use the right spectacles from the outset, tailor-made, to avoid the irregular progression of presbyopia. “Tailor-made” does not simply refer to the gradation, but it means that in constructing the lenses, very important personal parameters are taken into account, such as the distance between the eyes, and the reading distance of the wearer is evaluated.
If you read a paper, or an email on your pc, your eyes look at two different distances and work in two different ways. It's like lifting 20 kg or 10 kg weights in the gym: your muscles make more or less effort, and the same goes for your eyes, the closer you have to look, the more your muscles have to work. Your optician will be able to indicate the type of lens that is best suited to the work you do and to the use of the glasses you are purchasing.
You don't have to put up with eye fatigue, because the eye system is also made up of muscles and there are relaxation exercises that are worth knowing about.
After having ruled out visual defects and ocular motility problems with an ophthalmological and orthoptic examination, you can perform some simple ocular relaxation exercises able to restore the pleasure of a comfortable vision, even by performing them daily at your desk with a break of just a few minutes.
- PALMING - Place your hands as if to form a cup and bring them to the eye area, one per eye and without touching the eyelids, so as to create small areas of darkness. To get the benefits, hold the position, with eyes closed, for about a minute. Also, after rubbing your palms together so that they are warm, gently apply them to your closed eyelids for about a minute. Repeat with breaks of a few seconds, trying to relax your mind as well, freeing it from thoughts.
- BLINKING - Blink to help the eye improve muscles and at the same time hydrate the bulb. You can do it at any time and place: blink very quickly keeping the eye relaxed for about 20 seconds, then resting for a few seconds before resuming. Repeat the cycle about 10 times in a row every day.
- SUNNING - A light source is needed here to relax the eyes. Sit in a comfortable but upright position, close your eyes and fix your gaze through your eyelids at the light source, checking that it is not too strong or close and thus causing discomfort. Then start to turn your head slowly to one side and to the other, keeping your eyes, behind your closed eyelids, fixed on the light source. Do this exercise for 3 minutes and then continue with palming.
OTHER USEFUL EXERCISES always keeping your head still.
- Move your eyes sideways: a very simple exercise that helps to give our sight a little relief. It involves fixing your gaze at one point and then, keeping your head still, moving your eyes as far to the right as possible and as far to the left as possible. You will see that by repeating this exercise several times, slowly, holding the position of the eyes for 5 seconds and breathing deeply, you will achieve relaxation of the ocular system and the rest of the body.
- Do the infinity symbol mentally with your eyes, or mentally "write" your name with your eyes.
- Draw imaginary circles with your eyes clockwise and counterclockwise, always keeping your head still.
Modern life demands a great deal from our eyes. If you work on a computer, for example, your eyes have to adapt to different levels of contrast and brightness up to 30,000 times a day. The same happens when driving and playing sports. It is therefore not surprising that our eyes suffer from it and begin to water, burn and redden. This is often accompanied by tension in the neck muscles and headaches. However, one does not necessarily have to resign oneself to putting up with these problems. The ocular system is also made up of muscles, and as a result it can become fatigued. Excessive stress on the visual organs increasingly impairs visual ability, leading to common problems such as burning and redness.
There are occupational or "Office" lenses for a specific use at the computer and at the desk: they block blue light and allow you to see at near and at medium distance.
The technology of an occupational lens means that with a single pair of glasses you can read and look at the PC or the person in front of you without having any discomfort.
In addition, anti-reflective coatings, along with blue light protection, help prevent eye redness and headaches. A single pair of glasses to work safely at your desk without going crazy.
The world of occupational lenses is vast and there are many types.
Only a careful anamnesis and a study of personal needs will allow you to choose the right lens for you.
Both the anti-reflective coatings and the blue light protection are guaranteed only by specific technologies. In addition, aesthetics also play a role: our office lenses do not tend to yellow or grey like cheaper lenses do.
The ophthalmologist is a doctor and takes care of the health of your eyes.
An optician is a technician who is responsible for measuring your eyesight and recommending the best lenses for correcting vision defects and maximising the comfort of wearing glasses and contact lenses.
Of course, the ophthalmologist can also measure vision but his main role is to prevent, identify and treat all eye diseases.
By eye diseases we mean both those relating to the external part, such as conjunctivitis, corneal problems, chalazion, etc., and those relating to the internal part of the eye, such as the lens, the vitreous humor and the retina.
The Optician-Optometrist measures vision daily and recommends the best corrective lenses for ever greater visual comfort.
He is the first to be aware of any problems and who knows why certain corrections or lenses are more comfortable than others. He is on the front line and gets compliments and complaints depending on his work (very few people come back to doctors to complain). We think that everyone should take care of their own matter. Be wary of opticians who want to be doctors but, on the other hand, take the words of doctors who recommend a certain type of lens or who drastically change the shade of your glasses without consulting your optician to check the wearability of the suggested vision correction.
At Mondelliani we have been collaborating for years with the best ophthalmologists, comparing ourselves to ensure that the health of our customers and the comfort of prescription glasses are always at the top of our list of objectives.
Unfortunately not, as prescription lenses correct visual defects due to their curvature. To remove scratches, the curvature would have to be changed and the lens would lose its optical properties. Scratched lenses need to be changed. Almost all lenses are now made of plastic/organic materials. They are unbreakable and lighter than glass lenses, but unfortunately they can be scratched more easily.
Thanks to the hardening and anti-scratch treatments they are certainly more resistant than they were a few years ago, of course this does not mean that you can put your glasses in your bag without protecting them with their case.
At Mondelliani we always recommend lenses with top hardening and anti-reflective treatments. Also many companies today provide insurance against scratches and accidents, so we can definitely say: "Scratch, I am not afraid of you!".
Let's clear the field of misconceptions: you don't need to use saliva, dish soap or other special solvents. Marseille soap or a special spray and a good microfibre cloth are sufficient.
Washing your lenses must become a habit like washing your hands. Glasses get no more or less dirty than anything else you wear during the day. Therefore proper hygiene is desirable and necessary. You can wash them safely with Marseille soap and after having dabbed them with a towel, use the microfiber cloth to finish drying them.
At Mondelliani we have adopted an ecological spray for cleaning glasses. you can buy it and come and fill the bottle in one of our practical dispensers that will allow you to reuse the bottles avoiding waste and damage to the environment.
In addition, the microfibre cloths must also be washed every now and then and replaced once a year at the most. You know how much we care about our colored microfibres!
Progressive lenses, also known as multifocal lenses, allow you to see well in three different areas of vision: near, for intermediate distances and far. The lens is divided into three areas: The upper lens portion ensures clear vision from afar, and just lower your gaze for clear near vision. In the middle, the intermediate vision is managed. Do not worry, the separation of the areas is not visible on the lenses by unsightly lines and can also be applied on thin and light lenses.
The main benefit of choosing progressive lenses is certainly of a practical nature, as progressive lenses replace the use of multiple glasses for the correction of various visual defects: reading glasses and glasses for seeing from afar. Furthermore, compared to the bifocal lenses that were used in the past, the latest generation progressive lenses such as the Essilor® Varilux® lenses that we recommend, guarantee a very smooth and gradual change of focus that does not require a movement of the head to succeed to focus on objects. At Mondelliani, selected as an Essilor® Vision Specialist Centre, because of our experience, passion, and commitment to caring for your visual wellbeing, we customise our lenses to the maximum through the use of specific instrumentation, in order to create a lens that is adapted to the behaviour of your near vision, the frame you have chosen, your dominant eye and the movement patterns of your eyes.
The advancement of technology has also reduced the adaptation time of changing from single vision lenses to progressive lenses. Discomfort such as headaches, dizziness, blurred vision or difficulty descending stairs may occur in the first few days of use, but will disappear within 10-15 days.